Questions and Answers

Home Forums HammerButton Forum Questions and Answers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lpadmin
    Keymaster
      1. Friends in this department, you can ask any questions regarding the use of the tool, and also get answers.
        Register for convenient use of the site
      lpadmin
      Keymaster

A question that interests many …
        Can I use stainless steel for barrel use by push button method.
        The answer is no friends are forbidden !!!
        stainless steel generally has high hardness.
        The Barrel’s button-cutting method is based on metal indentation.
        Therefore, even if the rifling comes out, the barrel will have the wrong parameters.
        other methods are used for stainless steel – these are cold forging and metal cutting, but not buttons.

Anonymous

How am I supposed to ream the barrel itself? I make a center hole, pilot hole and drill to the approximate size. Then I would need a reamer to ream the barrel. Since it is .22LR I don’t need a neck and throat.

lpadmin
          Keymaster

Tell me what you mean?
            Do you already have a barrel ready? and would you like to make an entry for cartridge?
            Or do you want to make a barrel completely from scratch?

Anonymous

Hello,

when you order a hammer button, does one get instructions regarding the drilled and reamed hole diameter necessary for the hammer button in the respective caliber?

If not could you post a list of the necessary  (drilled&reamed) hole diameter for the varying hammer caliber buttons?
              Thanks! Cheers!
              F.

lpadmin
              Keymaster

Good afternoon, yes of course, if the buyer is interested, we will definitely give him the necessary recommendations after the purchase or before the purchase.
                There are actually a lot of calibers.
                Therefore, I see no reason to lay out the entire list.
                Yours faithfully

Anonymous

Hello,

is it possible to make barrel blank with your custom button in caliber .30 (7,62) with twist 1:5?

It is very fast twist so is there possibility that it will cause some issues (like button stuck in twist or too big land overlaps)?

Do you have some experience making barrel with such a fast twist?

It is intended for 300 AAC blackout cartridge.

And one more question.

When pushing button through blank using press. When I push button lets say 50 – 100 mm and stop in order to change plunger for longer one. Will this waiting time with button inside barrel make any bigger local stress or bigger diameters inside bore, because button will stay in this position for longer time?

After turning barrel to final dimension, stress will release and thus diameters inside will be bigger (around +0,01 – +0,02mm) so is it possible that in places where button stayed longer there will be even bigger diameter than in rest of rifling?

Thank you

Alan

Anonymous

I’ve just bought a new Chamber Reamer Combo Rifling button 32 ACP.

what is the correct hole size for this caliber?

Thank you

lpadmin
                    Keymaster

I’ve just bought a new Chamber Reamer Combo Rifling button 32 ACP.

what is the correct hole size for this caliber?

Thank YOU

Hi my friend 7.65-7.70mm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.